Mia Goth Turns Heads In See-Through Dress That Looks ‘Cheap and Tacky’
By Kristin Myers on February 18, 2026 at 5:00 PM EST

Actress Mia Goth made waves online when she stepped out at the “Frankenstein” movie premiere last October. The actress channeled the “naked dress” trend in a purple gown that clearly showed off the dark undergarments that she was wearing underneath it. Although some fans loved her “confidence,” others criticized her outfit as looking “desperate.”
Mia Goth Told She Looks ‘Desperate’ In Her See-Through Dress
View this post on Instagram
The actress rocked a sheer purple dress at the London premiere for “Frankenstein.” Fans who swiped through the carousel saw that the dress was completely backless, aside from two sashes that draped over her shoulders. When The Daily Mail posted photos of the controversial gown, many didn’t hesitate to share their opinion.
"The dress would be classy if it were lined because the design is lovely. Wearing it like this just looks cheap and desperate," one user wrote. Another netizen seemed to agree, adding, "It could have been a really lovely dress! Unfortunately, it has no lining, and it makes it look tacky.”
Mia Goth Is Heading To A Galaxy Far, Far Away
View this post on Instagram
Mia recently starred in Guillermo Del Toro’s adaptation of “Frankenstein,” alongside Oscar Isaac, who starred as Resistance pilot Poe Dameron in 2015’s “The Force Awakens,” 2017’s “The Last Jedi,” and 2019’s “The Rise of Skywalker.” Although it’s unclear if he will reprise his role in the future, he could be sharing the screen with his “Frankenstein” co-star once again.
Mia has been cast in an unknown role in “Star Wars: Starfighter,” helmed by “Stranger Things” director Shawn Levy. The project wrapped filming in December, but little is known about the plot at this time. Lightsabers will be used in the movie, and there is a long-standing rumor that Mia Goth is going to play a villain, possibly a Sith or a dark-side Force wielder.
Mia Hypes Up Shawn Levy Ahead Of ‘Star Wars: Starfighter’
View this post on Instagram
Even though the movie doesn’t come out until May 2027, Mia had nothing but positive things to say about director Shawn Levy and his take on the movie, which is supposedly set about five years after the events of 2019’s “The Rise of Skywalker.”
“I’m having such an incredible time. Shawn [Levy] has an energy I’ve never met in any other. He’s electric,” she said, as per Star Wars News Net. “And it has a trickle-down effect on the rest of the set. He’s so excited. He’s so inspired. And it’s contagious, and everyone else benefits from it. It’s an incredible experience.”
Mia Used To Watch ‘Star Wars’ Growing Up
View this post on Instagram
In her interview with Josh Horowitz, she didn’t reveal if she had watched the “Star Wars” sequel trilogy, but the films did have a place in her childhood. “I watched the George Lucas movies with my dad when I was growing up,” she said. “Those in particular have a special place in my heart.”
Although fans aren’t sure what the movie is going to be about just yet, Levy told the New York Timesthat Tom Cruise visited the set and actually filmed a lightsaber duel that took place in the water. “Last week, Steven Spielberg was here. And now Tom Cruise is wielding a camera, ruining his very nice shoes,” Levy recalled. “Now, when you see the movie, you’ll know that part of it was shot by Tom. I mean, how cool is that?”
The film also stars Ryan Gosling, Flynn Gray, Matt Smith, Amy Adams, and more. The film was written by Jonathan Tropper and is currently scheduled for release on May 28, 2027.