'Home Improvement' Star Zachery Ty Bryan Arrested With Girlfriend Weeks After Abuse Accusations Surface
By Jacquez Printup on November 30, 2025 at 12:30 PM EST

Home Improvement" star Zachery Ty Bryan was arrested in November 2025 alongside his girlfriend, Johnnie Faye Cartwright. Bryan's arrest comes just weeks after fans expressed disappointment following public allegations of horrifying misconduct. Bryan is currently behind bars at the Lane County Jail, where he will remain until meeting with a judge in early December.
Troubled Actor Zachery Ty Bryan Arrested In November 2025

According to TMZ, Bryan was taken into custody on Saturday, November 29, 2025, in Eugene, Oregon, on a probation violation connected to his previous domestic violence conviction. The "Home Improvement" actor was reportedly denied bail and must remain behind bars until Wednesday, December 3, 2025.
Bryan's three-year probation for his 2023 fourth-degree assault conviction doesn't expire until late 2025, per KEZI 9. The 44-year-old was previously arrested in Oregon in 2020 after an explosive, drunken argument with Cartwright, initially facing several charges before being convicted only of menacing and sentenced to probation.
Bryan addressed the altercation in an interview, suggesting the situation had been dramatized. "We didn't even really get that physical. We got really loud. We were screaming, and because we were in a townhome that had [thin walls], everybody could hear," he said. "Johnnie was, at the time, just really upset about my situation."
Zachery Ty Bryan's Girlfriend Arrested And Charged With DUI

Bryan wasn't the only one who got in trouble with the law this time around.
Several outlets reported that Cartwright was also arrested on Saturday and booked into the same jail.
She was charged with driving under the influence, three counts of reckless endangerment, and attempted first-degree assault.
Cartwright is expected to meet with a judge on Monday, December 1.
Zachery Ty Bryan Faced Horrifying Allegations In Early November 2025

Weeks before this unfortunate incident, the "First Kid" actor faced horrifying allegations in court documents released to the public.
As previously reported by The Blast, Bryan was accused of assaulting his then-girlfriend in the summer of 2025.
The actor allegedly punched her in the head and threatened to end her life during an intense altercation.
Legal documents state the actor reportedly hit his girlfriend after she "bit his nipple" during a cuddling session.
Days after that, Bryan's ex-partner reportedly told police officers that she was scared of Bryan after he allegedly told her to "shut the f-ck up or I'm gonna shut you up."
ZTB Accused Of Harming Their Family Dog In Shocking Court Documents

Court documents further reveal that during an argument, the actor allegedly snatched their family dog, locked himself in a room with it, and punched the door, splitting its frame.
That wasn't the first time Bryan was accused of harming their dog, either, as his then-girlfriend alleged he sprayed the dog in the face with bleach during a separate altercation in June 2025.
A protective order was issued, and Bryan was ordered to stay 100 yards away from his ex for five years or until September 2030.
ZTB Addresses Incident After Making Headlines In 2025, Expresses Remorse Over Situation
Zachery Ty Bryan (the actor who played the oldest son on Home Improvement) was arrested on November 29, 2025 in Oklahoma.
Police say he punched and choked a woman who was driving him after they got into an argument. She had injuries on her face and neck.
He was charged with…— InsightRadar (@InsightRadarX) November 30, 2025
Bryan's most recent arrest is just the latest encounter the troubled actor has had with the law. An earlier report from The Blast states that Bryan was arrested in October 2024 for driving under the influence in Oklahoma.
"I'm just a good dude, man, I don't know why everybody— I'm sorry, I like to drink," Bryan told an officer inside his patrol car.
Previously, Bryan was arrested on another DUI charge in California and a misdemeanor contempt of court charge after officers stated they believed his vehicle had been in a "recent traffic collision."
Following the allegations against him being made public, Bryan opened up about his struggles and admitted he "deeply" regrets what occurred between him and his partners. He acknowledged that "domestic violence in any form is unacceptable."
"The truth is, I've struggled with the lasting effects of early fame, addiction, and poor decision-making, which have hurt people I care about and led to repeated legal issues, including DUIs and past domestic incidents. This latest situation, involving a restraining order and serious accusations, has been a painful wake-up call," he said.