Prince Harry, Meghan Markle

Prince Harry Left Feeling 'Deeply Depressed' As Charity 'Bullying' Allegations Lead To Probe

Home / Entertainment / Prince Harry Left Feeling 'Deeply Depressed' As Charity 'Bullying' Allegations Lead To Probe

By Favour Adegoke on April 5, 2025 at 7:30 PM EDT

Prince Harry is deeply bothered that his charity organization, Sentebale, is under investigation by the Charity Commission over claims of "harassment and bullying."

The claims were made against the former senior royal by the charity Chair, Dr. Sophie Chandauka, after Harry and his co-founder, Prince Seeiso of Lesotho, resigned from the organization.

Further controversy emerged through interviews with the trustee chair, where she made several damning accusations against Prince Harry, including claims that he was responsible for a decline in sponsorships.

Article continues below advertisement

Prince Harry Is 'Embarrassed' His Organization Is Being Investigated

Prince Harry arrives at High Court for the final day
MEGA

In the wake of Sentebale's chairwoman accusing Prince Harry of "harassment and bullying," the Charity Commission launched a formal investigation into the organization.

This probe into the organization has reportedly left the Duke of Sussex "deeply depressed and embarrassed," seemingly due to concerns about the damage such an investigation could do to its image.

The former senior royal is also said to be devastated that the organization, which he founded with Prince Seeiso of Lesotho in honor of his mother, Princess Diana, was "ripped from him."

Harry previously tendered his resignation from being a patron of the charity after a breakdown in the relationship between the trustees and the chair of the board.

Article continues below advertisement

" He loves his charities — this is what he wants to spend his life doing and now, one of them is gone … and in the most horrible way," a source told NewsNation about Harry's feelings about the drama.

Article continues below advertisement

Sentebale's Chair Made Several Damning Accusations Against The Duke

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle announce they will visit Colombia, Montecito, California
MEGA

Beyond accusing Prince Harry of "harassment and bullying," Sentebale's trustee chair made several damning claims against him in an explosive interview.

She alleged that his departure from royal duties led to the loss of key donors, which significantly impacted the charity's finances.

The trustee chair further claimed that Harry was responsible for the loss of the original venue for the 2024 polo fundraising event due to his insistence on bringing a camera crew to film footage for a Netflix production.

Following the accusations, sources close to Harry claimed that Sentebale had no financial issues when Dr. Chandauka was appointed in 2023 and deemed the accusation about Harry's royal life departure leading to the loss of donors as "baseless and inaccurate."

Article continues below advertisement

They also described Dr. Chandauka's account of the polo incident as "highly misleading."

According to the insiders, the original venue had already changed its terms, which resulted in the rise in cost contrary to the Netflix angle being pushed by the charity's chairwoman.

Article continues below advertisement

Sentebale Former Executive Claims Dr. Sophie Chandauka's 'Mismanagement' Started The Feud

Prince Harry
MEGA

Like the insiders, an ex-trustee who left alongside Harry linked the ongoing feud to Sentebale's financial issues caused by Dr. Chandauka's alleged "mismanagement."

"I think things came to a head at the end of last year when it seemed that we were not doing as well as we used to be and that the future didn't look as bright as it used to." Dr. Kelello Lerotholi told Sky News in an interview.

He also slammed the bullying claims made by Dr. Chandauka, describing them as "shocking."

"I can honestly say, in the meetings I was present in, there was never even a hint of such," the ex-trustee told the media outlet, per the Daily Mail.

He added, "The general tone and conduct of the board has been one of respect for each other, accommodating each others' opinions and inputs, and speaking with respect to each other. So this all came as a shock to me."

Article continues below advertisement

Prince Harry Issued A Statement About His Resignation

Prince Harry attends Court at the start of his case against Mirror Group Newspapers
MEGA

Harry announced his resignation from Sentebale in a joint statement with Prince Seeiso.

"With heavy hearts, we have resigned from our roles as Patrons of the organization until further notice, in support of and solidarity with the board of trustees who have had to do the same," the statement read.

It continued, "It is devastating that the relationship between the charity's trustees and the chair of the board broke down beyond repair, creating an untenable situation."

Subsequently, an official statement was put out by Sentebale to acknowledge Harry's departure.

"We are deeply grateful for the service, time, and passion of our outgoing Trustees. We are also saddened that our Co-Founding Patrons have made the decision to step down from their duties as Patrons for the foreseeable future," said director Carmel Gaillard in a statement, per the Daily Mail.

Article continues below advertisement

The Duke Of Sussex Hopes The Probe Into His Charity 'Unveils The Truth'

Prince Harry & Meghan Markle
MEGA

In a statement on behalf of former trustees and patrons, Harry expressed relief that the Charity Commission had confirmed a thorough inquiry into the matter.

The Prince said, "We fully expect it will unveil the truth that collectively forced us to resign."

Harry concluded with optimism, hoping the inquiry would facilitate a leadership change that would better serve the charity's mission,

He added, "We remain hopeful this will allow for the charity to be put in the right hands immediately for the sake of the communities we serve."

Advertisement