Gwyneth Paltrow was bragging about selling a candle that smells like her lady parts but now a customer is claiming the candle nearly killed him. Paltrow’s company Goop has made a candle called “This Smells Like My Vagina” but according to one customer all the candle did was explode and nearly kill him. He is now filing a class action lawsuit about it. TMZ obtained documents and the guy suing is a Texas resident named Colby Watson. According to Watson he was ecstatic to purchase the candle until it backfired on him, no pun intended.
The Candle Could Be Dangerous
He purchased the 10.5-ounce version of the “This Smells Like My Vagina” candle in January. He didn’t light the candle until February and when he did, he placed it on a recommended “level surface” and made sure that nothing was close enough for the candle to start a fire. Apparently, you aren’t supposed to open a window because a draft could cause a fire so Watson seemed to follow all the rules but the candle still caught fire in what could have been a disastrous situation.
“charred and black” Is How The candle Looked After
Watson claimed he burned the candle for “an estimated three hours or less,” yet it engulfed in flames, and the room filled with smoke. He also shared a picture of the candle after the fire took place and noted that the jar was “charred and black” and even left a black ring on his nightstand. Some may be thinking that it is obvious the jar would be black after a fire, but this thing was charred to the point where the label couldn’t even be seen.
The Warning Is Not Strict Enough
According to the documents filed by Watson and obtained by TMZ, the candle comes with a “limited warning,” but Watson claims it is not a strict enough warning. While he claimed to have followed the instructions for the use of the exclusive candle on Goop.com, he burned the candle for 3 hours and the website recommends 2 hours at a time but if a difference of an hour means a fire starts blazing then maybe a stricter warning is warranted.
Surprise, No Word From Goop
Watson claims that Goop failed to stress the significant injuries and disasters that could occur when burning their candle for more than the recommended time. He goes on to describe the “vagina candles” as “inherently dangerous.” He is ultimately suing Paltrow’s company for breach of warranty and products liability and is even taking it one step further and trying to put together a class action lawsuit that is seeking damages over $5 million. According to TMZ, Goop is yet to respond.