David Dobrik’s former friend and Vlog Squad member Dominykas Zeglaitis, aka ‘Durte Dom,’ has issued an apology amid the sexual assault allegations against him.
Dobrik, the “Jimmy Fallon” of YouTube, is known for his fast paced vlogs which consist of insane car giveaways, wild pranks & more.
He has amassed more than 18 million followers on YouTube and has launched two additional YouTube channels which respectively have millions of followers.
Back in March all hell broke loose for Dobrik after allegations of sexual assault by a member of his Vlog Squad surfaced.
On March 16th, Insider published an article that laid out damaging claims made by an anonymous woman against Dorbik, Dom & the Vlog Squad.
The anonymous woman says she was allegedly raped by one of the group’s members, Dom, while filming a skit back in 2018. She revealed that Dom had been direct messaging her group of friends prior to their meet-up, claiming that he wanted to “hook up” with them. They obliged and met up to shoot a video with the Vlog Squad.
During a phone interview with Insider, the woman accused Dom of “rape by engaging in sexual activity with her that night while she was so incapacitated by alcohol that she could not consent.”
She also noted that the Vlog Squad provided her and her friends with alcohol as they were underage and couldn’t buy it themselves.
The video in which the alleged sexual assault took place was titled, “SHE SHOULD NOT HAVE PLAYED WITH FIRE!!” shows Dom & the woman going into his bedroom.
The video has since been deleted from Dobrik’s channel; however, it’s been reposted by other channels.
The damaging claims prompted Dobrik to issue not one, but two apology videos.
He addressed the claims made and said in his first apology video saying, “I’ve been really disappointed by some of my friends and for that reason I’ve separated from a lot of them.”
In his follow-up apology video where Dobrik noted that he’s never done an apology video correctly said quote, “I want to apologize to her and her friends for ever putting them in an environment that I enabled that made them feel like their safety and values were compromised I am so sorry.”
He said he didn’t know what was going on in the room while filming with the Vlog Squad and said he should have investigated further.
Now nearly a month later, Dom is speaking out once again on the matter. He uploaded a video to his YouTube channel on March 9th title, “addressing the drama…”
In an Instagram story post on Saturday, April 17th, Dom wrote quote, “It is time for me to address the recent allegations that have come out against me. I want to sincerely apologize directly to the women involved in this incident. I definitely empathize with the pain that everyone has suffered in this matter. With that being said, as far as I am concerned, everything that occurred during that night was completely consensual.”
He went on to note that he believes the statements made against him are misleading and shed an incorrect light on his involvement. Dom said he feels his character is being attacked unfairly, and has defamed his character and reputation.
The statement also shed light on the good he has done. Dom noted that he has donated time as well as thousands of dollars to several women’s rights groups.
He did this to show his support for the “unjustified and unnecessary struggles that women endure in our society on a daily basis.”
Dom feels it is time for all of us to demonstrate more respect for one another in every facet of life.