January Jones is extremely worried about her little dog after a poisonous snake bit him.
The “Mad Men” actress revealed that her cute pooch, Vinny is in the hospital after suffering a rattlesnake bite on Thursday, April 8. She shared a picture of the “baby rattler” on her Instagram story and expressed her concern for the little black dog. The photo featured a small but very scary-looking snake coiled on top of a blue tarp. She followed it up with an old photo of Vinny. Scroll down to see the snake pic.
Jones informed her millions of followers that Vinny is getting the medical attention he needs. “This baby rattler bit my lil Vinny this morning,” she wrote on the snake picture. “I caught and released it but praying for my pup who’s in the hospital now.”
Vinny is often featured on January’s social media and is a beloved member of her family. The actress is so close with her furbabies that she admitted that they follow her into the bathroom.
A rattlesnake bite is equally as deadly to a dog as it is to a human… even more so with little dogs. The bite requires similar intravenous fluids, pain meds, and antivenin to aid recovery. Dogs reportedly experience intense pain immediately after the bite and suffer from profound swelling as the venom spreads. An article by The Coloradoan says that most dogs are bitten on the head, but bites on the legs are also common.
January has not revealed where the snake struck Vinny. We are praying the cute pooch fully recovers.