Sharon Osbourne Tightens Security After Receiving Death Threats
British-American media personality Sharon Osbourne, recently faced public backlash on the accusation of racism following the on-air arguments she had with co-host Sheryl Underwood over Piers Morgan’s comment on Meghan Markle.
According toTMZ, sources close to Osbourne reported that since her on-air dispute with Underwood, the TV personality has been targeted with fury-filled messages delivered both to her house and on social media.
She also received threatening calls in her home and mobile, putting her safety at risk. After the threats directed at both her family and her dogs, Osbourne reportedly hired her security detail.
Online Troubles and Trolls
In photos taken outside Osbourne’s L. A home, some men stood next to cars marked as private security. As reported by TMZ, a guard has been stationed at the house all week.
The 68-year-old seems to be taking precautions against online trolls as she reportedly turned the comments off on her last two Instagram posts. This came after she received nasty comments, including ones telling her to ‘die and go to hell.’
One Twitter user was particularly descriptive when he/she wrote, “I hope Sharon Osbourne gets hit by one last wave of COVID and d***.”
How It Started
On Tuesday, Osbourne was again accused of racism as she allegedly used racial slurs in describing former “The Talk” co-host Julie Chen.
As reported by Journalist Yashar Ali, he alleged that sources told him Osbourne referred to Chen using racial slurs.
Allegedly, she called Chen, whose parents emigrated to the United States from China, a ‘wonton’ and made a comment about her eyes’ shape.
In an exclusive chat with DailyMail.com on Thursday, Osbourne vehemently denied the claims and said they were “all crap.”
Is Osbourne Racist?
In the interview, Osbourne continued that it’s okay that everybody has a voice and an opinion. She said that getting called out for something that other people feel the need to add their two cents results in a pile.
She concluded that she was okay with it as it all came with the territory.
Pending the investigation into the racism allegations against Osbourne, “CBS” has withdrawn “The Talk” from airing till March 23rd. The ensuing drama has also left her and Underwood’s friendship on shaky grounds.
A Clever Set-Up? Or Not?
If found guilty, Osbourne‘s career at the “CBS” is also in doubt. In a chat with DailyMail.com, Osborne claimed she wasn’t warned about an impending debate and had only been prepared for four completely different segments.
She added that she was blindsided and shocked to hear her co-hosts questioning her for using cue cards on the part of the usually ad-libbed show.
She concluded by saying that it was at that point she knew she had been set up by producers and “CBS” executives who were angry at her for defending Morgan’s comments about the Duchess of Sussex.