Jonathan Majors' and GF Meagan Good

Jonathan Majors Reacts To Ex-GF Grace Jabbari's Battery Lawsuit: 'I Knew It Was Coming'

Home / News / Jonathan Majors Reacts To Ex-GF Grace Jabbari's Battery Lawsuit: 'I Knew It Was Coming'

By Favour Adegoke on March 21, 2024 at 10:45 AM EDT

Jonathan Majors has reacted to the lawsuit filed against him by his ex-girlfriend, Grace Jabbari.

The British dancer earlier in the week filed new claims of battery, assault, and malicious prosecution, among others, against him in a New York federal court.

While the move surprised many, Majors has revealed that he "knew it was coming from the beginning."

Article continues below advertisement

Jonathan Majors Wasn't 'Surprised' By Grace Jabbari's Lawsuit

Jonathan Majors' GF Meagan Good Reveals How She Has Coped With His Legal Crisis
MEGA

After meeting Jabbari on the set of a Marvel movie, Majors and the British dancer dated for two years, however, their relationship hit the rocks in March 2023 following an incident of domestic violence.

Majors has since been found guilty of some charges filed by state prosecutors related to that incident and is awaiting his sentence hearing. But just earlier in the week, Jabbari surprisingly filed a new set of charges against him.

In an interview with TMZ, Majors shared his thoughts about the lawsuit, saying that he was "not surprised" that his ex made such a move.

"I knew it was coming from the beginning, really," Majors told the publication while leaving a workout facility in Los Angeles with fitness expert Jason Best.

Article continues below advertisement

When questioned further for additional information, the actor told the outlet that he "can't say much else about it," adding that the "law" restricts him from doing so.

Article continues below advertisement

The Reason Why The Former Marvel Star's Ex Is Suing Him

Jonathan Majors Arrives To Criminal Court in NYC on December 4, 2023
MEGA

Jabbari's charges against Majors include claims of battery, assault, and malicious prosecution, among others.

As part of her filing, she claimed that Majors subjected her to a "pattern of pervasive domestic abuse that began in 2021 and extended through 2023."

She also alleged that Majors went about defaming and "publicly abusing her reputation" after he was charged in court for the earlier case.

"Following his arrest, Majors immediately implemented an extensive media campaign smearing Grace, claiming that he was "completely innocent," "is probably the victim," Jabbari's suit read, per The Hollywood Reporter.

It further read that "[Majors] did not assault her whatsoever" and that "this woman was having an emotional crisis, for which she was taken to a hospital."

Article continues below advertisement

Experts Warned About Jonathan Majors' Post-Trial Interviews

Jonathan Majors At 5th American Black Film Festival Honors: A Celebration Of Excellence In Hollywood
MEGA

After his trial concluded, Majors went on multiple interviews expressing surprise at the jury's guilty verdict.

In one of the interviews he had on ABC's "Good Morning America," Majors opened up about his assault trial and revealed that he was "shocked" at the jury's decision.

He said, "I shouldn't have been in the car. I shouldn't have stepped out of the relationship. I shouldn't have been in the relationship. If I'm not in the car, none of this is happening."

When the interviewer asked him if he was taking responsibility for what happened but not the injuries, Majors replied, "Can't say that. None of her injuries."

The "Creed III" actor shared how stunned he was by the verdict, implying that the evidence was in his favor.

Article continues below advertisement

"I was absolutely shocked and afraid," he said. "How is that possible? Based off the evidence, based off the prosecution's evidence, let alone our evidence."

Jonathan Majors Refutes Assault Allegations, Lawyer Claims There Is Substantial Evidence To Prove Innocence
MEGA
Article continues below advertisement

Majors' interviews raised eyebrows, with legal experts warning that it could negatively affect his sentencing.

Cary London, a lawyer unaffiliated with the case, shared his thoughts on the actor's interview with THR.

London stated it was a "very unusual" move from a defendant awaiting sentencing. He noted that while Majors was most likely not serving jail time, the judge might be swayed to punish him with jail time due to the interview.

He said, "The judge has a wide variety of tools at his disposal at sentencing, including anger management, community service, other programming and jail time. If the defendant says anything to piss off the judge, or insults the integrity of the judicial system, I could easily see the judge giving him a taste of jail."

The Actor Was Recently Accused Of Abuse By Two Ex-girlfriends

Jonathan Majors Refutes Assault Allegations, Lawyer Claims There Is Substantial Evidence To Prove Innocence
MEGA

Jabbari's suit comes in the wake of more abuse allegations from two women whom Majors was involved with in the past.

The women named Emma Duncan and Maura Hooper opened up about their relationship with the former Marvel star in a report from the New York Times. Duncan claimed that she suffered both physical and emotional abuse during her relationship with the actor from 2015 to 2019. Similarly, Hooper alleged that Majors subjected her to emotional abuse during their relationship from 2013 to 2015.

However, Majors' lawyer, Priya Chaudhry, denied the claims of physical abuse but admitted that the relationships were "toxic" and that Majors "did say hurtful things."

"These relationships were between young drama students, and all began with mutual intensity," Chaudhry told People magazine.

Article continues below advertisement

Jonathan Majors' Sentencing Hearing Was Recently Postponed

Jonathan majors at the Los Angeles Premiere Of "The Harder They Fall"
MEGA

Majors was scheduled to be sentenced on February 6 after a jury found him guilty of two out of the charges stemming from the domestic violence incident with Jabbari. However, it was recently postponed to April 8 after the "Creed III" actor's lawyers filed several post-conviction motions.

According to reports, the actor could face up to a year in jail when his sentencing date finally arrives. The possible jail term comes in addition to a series of career losses the actor has faced before and after the guilty verdict.

The actor was dropped from his enigmatic role as Kang the Conqueror in the MCU, which he was expected to reprise in the MCU's next phase projects, "Avengers: The Kang Dynasty" and "Avengers: Secret Wars."

He was also removed from a Searchlight project, a biopic about Otis Redding, and two upcoming movies, "48 Hours in Vegas" and "The Man in My Basement."

Article continues below advertisement