As Nene continues to share posts suggesting that she’s been treated unfairly by those working alongside her on the Bravo reality show, an insider has revealed to Hollywood Life that Nene’s co-stars are “annoyed” with the fact that she has not yet rejoined them for production on the new episodes.
“The ladies are a little annoyed that Nene hasn’t signed her contract yet. They feel she does this every year and puts herself on this pedestal and they just roll their eyes a bit over it,” a source close to production told the outlet.
That said, the insider added that the ladies of the show, including Kenya Moore, Cynthia Bailey, Porsha Williams, and Kandi Burruss, are “not surprised” to see that Nene’s return to the “RHOA” cast is still in limbo.
As some may have heard, Drew Sidora will be featured as a new cast member on the 13th season of “RHOA” but when it comes to the other women, that doesn’t mean that they don’t care if Nene comes back. In fact, the source said they all “still want [NeNe] to return because she does make good TV.”
“They’re very excited to have Drew join them on the cast and there’s a lot of chatter of one other lady potentially joining as well,” the insider continued.
While chatting with her fans and followers on Instagram Live at the end of last month, Nene said that while many have assumed it is she who is causing a holdup on her contract, it actually is not.
“I know a lot of people think it’s [my fault I haven’t signed my contract]. Nene is not doing that,” NeNe shared. “I’m still in a holding pattern. Let me start there. I also want to say that it’s not me, it’s them.”
NeNe’s rep, Steven Grossman, also addressed his client’s potential return to “The Real Housewives of Atlanta,” telling Hollywood Life that it was “absolutely not true that Nene has been fired” on June 17.
“Furthermore,” the rep continued, “it was made abundantly clear prior that she will always be welcome on the series as long as she wants to be. We are having on-going bigger picture conversations with NBC Universal and have not made any decisions regarding next season specifically. Any speculation or sources trying to create controversy by stating otherwise are incredibly inaccurate. Bloop.”
The cast of “The Real Housewives of Atlanta” will likely return to Bravo for season 13 at some point next year.