Carter’s on-and-off fiancée regained custody of their one-year-old on Thursday, December 15th.
Martin and the singer welcomed their baby boy, Prince Carter, on November 22, 2021. He recently celebrated his first birthday, and sadly, it came just a few weeks after Carter passed away.
Melanie Martin Regains Custody Of Son, Prince Carter
View this post on Instagram
According to reports, Martin regained full custody of Prince following a hearing in Los Angeles. He was previously in the custody of her mother due to concerns of drug abuse and domestic violence.
Martin was in New York at the time of the hearing, but she jumped on a flight to California to retrieve her son after the decision was made.
The OnlyFans model expressed her excitement about the news to TMZ.
Melanie Said Aaron Carter Would Be “So Proud”
“I’m honoring Aaron today and I know he would be so proud of me,” Martin admitted. “I’m very emotional thinking we could have been a family, but Aaron would be so happy knowing I got him back.”
Shockingly enough, Carter’s mother, who isn’t a fan of Martin, said she is pleased with the court’s ruling to give custody of Prince back to Martin.
“The child should be with the mother,” she said.
The Blast previously reported that Carter’s mother would NOT invite Martin to the spreading of his ashes and celebration of life ceremony in Florida.
The content creator said she doesn’t want any animosity with his former fiancé’s family.
In an interview with Us Weekly, the widow said she doesn’t want any “bad blood” with his family, mainly for Prince’s sake.
Melanie Doesn’t Want Any Bad Blood With Aaron’s Family
She really hopes Prince will be cared for.
Carter died without a will, so the status of who his estate goes to is currently in limbo. His twin sister, Angel, filed to take over his estate.
“I don’t want any problems or stress over Aaron’s estate,” she explained. “I just want Prince to be taken care of and want Aaron’s legacy to live on.”
Martin continued, “I don’t want any bad blood with Aaron’s family. Whoever wants to be in Prince’s life can be in Prince’s life.”
Her interview comes after it was revealed she will NOT be invited to the scattering of Carter’s ashes next year.
Carter’s mother, Jane Carter, said her son’s ashes are still in Angel’s possession, and his ex-fiancée will not be involved in the family’s ceremony next year.
The singer’s ashes will be taken back to his home state of Florida and get spread into the ocean along with the ashes of his sister, Leslie Carter.
Jane said the ceremony will take place in the Florida Keys sometime in the spring. Some of Carter’s and Leslie’s ashes will be saved to later be buried with Jane’s ashes.
A source told Us Weekly that Martin will not receive any of Aaron’s remains, but the OnlyFans content creator plans to have her own service.
Melanie Will Hold Her Own Celebration Of Life Ceremony
“Since they are not inviting her to the memorial to spread his ashes, she is going to have her own memorial for Aaron with her family, their son Prince and some of Aaron’s true friends,” the insider told the outlet.
The source adds Martin is “trying to stay neutral about the family’s decision and let the lawyers handle it regarding his estate.”
She recently celebrated their little one’s first birthday, it was a happy yet somber day.
View this post on Instagram
The Blast reported on Prince’s birthday celebration and how Martin kept his legacy alive. Martin shared a video montage of Carter with Prince to TikTok and Instagram.
“Happy birthday to my baby boy Prince Lyric Carter 🙏❤️👑. Today is going to be a tough one for me but I know your daddy is playing birthday songs for you up in heaven I love you baby boy!!!🎶🎤❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔,” she captioned the video.