Former “Bachelorette” and “Bachelor In Paradise” star, DeMario Jackson, was involved in a sexual assault allegation by another “Bachelor” and “Bachelor in Paradise” contestant, Corinne Olympios, causing production for “Bachelor in Paradise” to be suspended in 2017. Now, five years later, he is being sued by two different women for sexual assault.
Jackson is now speaking out regarding the recent accusations, claiming the rape allegations are costing him $25,000 in brand deals.
DeMario Jackson Wants To Clear His Name
DeMario Jackson is speaking out regarding the recent sexual assault allegations against him, claiming they are not true and are costing him six figures in brand deals.
The 35-year-old told TMZ that the day following the lawsuits, he lost 10 deals worth $25,000. The deals were with brands that he has worked with for years. “I was told from brands that worked with for years, that they no longer wanted to pursue the relationship with me,” Jackson said. “I spoke to my boss at work, stuff is a little shaky there.”
Jackson went on to explain how this is not only affecting him, but is affecting his friends and family as well. “Not to mention family and friends having to go through this again,” he said. “I’ve had old teachers reaching out to me, my grandmother just made 85, it just sucks, I’ll be honest.”
The reality television star brought up the past allegations against him from “Bachelor” and “Bachelor in Paradise” contestant, Corinne Olympios, which occurred in 2017. “The last five years I’ve made a point to make my name clear and to be that big old smile that everyone sees,” Jackson continued, “and to have this happen, the last 72 hours for me, I won’t lie, excuse my french, it’s been hell.”
“I haven’t slept, I’ve had reporters outside my house, I’ve been trapped once again,” Jackson said, “and I never wanted to feel that feeling of 2017 ever again. I never wanted to feel it.”
DeMario Jackson Sued Over Sexual Assault Allegations
According to court documents, two women claim Jackson used the fact that he is a TV personality to “lure the unsuspecting plaintiffs”. Both women, who filed as Jane Doe, claim the 35-year-old manipulated them as he knew what he was doing.
This is not the first time Jackson has been involved in sexual assault allegations as in 2017, “Bachelor in Paradise” filming was suspended as Warner Bros. launched an internal investigation into a sexual encounter between DeMario Jackson and Corinne Olympios.
“I am a victim and have spent the last week trying to make sense of what happened on June 4. Although I have little memory of that night, something bad obviously took place, which I understand is why production on the show has now been suspended and a producer on the show has filed a complaint against the production,” Olympios said in a statement at the time of the incident.
When the incident was ongoing, Jackson spoke to “Bachelor” franchise host Chris Harrison about the incident, saying, “It was difficult because I know who I am. I know I’m not that monster that they’re trying to portray on TV.
He continued, “Like Michelle Obama said, ‘When they go low, you go high.’ It was hard to go high. I had to do it because I train and mentor children and I can’t tell them to be something that I’m not. That’s what kept me going – and great family, friends, school teachers, people at the gym … it was just crazy to see the response from them. My castmates – Alexis, Raven, I think I FaceTimed Taylor every single day. There was so much love. I was extremely humbled.”