Gabby Windey, current co-Bachelorette on ABC’s “Bachelorette” will soon be trading in roses for dancing shoes, but it seems she is already in pain.
Gabby Windey Joins “Dancing with the Stars”
On Monday, September 12, Gabby Windey shared the first official photo of herself with her new “Dancing with the Stars” pro partner, Val Chmerkovskiy, on Instagram. She captioned the photo, “My dogs are already barkin,” indicating her feet are not having much fun.
View this post on Instagram
The Instagram post has already received so much support from Windey’s Bachelorette family, including from host Jesse Palmer. “There she is,” he wrote along with three clapping hand emojis.
Co-Bachelorette Rachel Recchia also commented on the photo, simply putting three mirrorball emojis.
Jenna Johnson, who is married to Windey’s partner, Val, commented on her photo “LEGSSSS” with two heart eye emojis.
Gabby Windey, who is also a former Denver Bronco cheerleader, was announced as part of the “Dancing with the Stars” season 31 cast on “Good Morning America” last week. The “Bachelorette” star shared how excited she is to be a part of the new competition show.
“I feel like I’m lucky enough to have momentum,” she told People Magazine. “I think I grew so much the last two seasons that now I get to really challenge myself in a different way.”
She continued, “I think there is a lot of actual vulnerability that comes with this position, because nobody knows what you’re doing. Plus, you have to perform live. So it was good kind of building blocks for this.”
“Dancing with the Stars” Season 31 Full Cast
Alfonso Ribeiro and Tyra Banks will co-host the new season of “Dancing with the Stars” with Len Goodman, Carrie Ann Inaba, Bruno Tonioli and Derek Hough returning as judges. The complete list of celebrities competing on this season, and their partners, are as follows:
- Joseph Baena with dance partner Daniella Karagach
- Selma Blair with dance partner Sasha Farber
- Wayne Brady with dance partner Witney Carson
- Sam Champion with dance partner Cheryl Burke
- Charli D’Amelio with dance partner Mark Ballas
- Heidi D’Amelio with dance partner Artem Chigvintsev
- Jessie James Decker with dance partner Alan Bersten
- Trevor Donovan with dance partner Emma Slater
- Daniel Durant with dance partner Britt Stewart
- Teresa Giudice with dance partner Pasha Pashkov
- Vinny Guadagnino with dance partner Koko Iwasaki
- Cheryl Ladd with dance partner Louis van Amstel
- Jason Lewis with dance partner Peta Murgatroyd
- Shangela with dance partner Gleb Savchenko
- Jordin Sparks with dance partner Brandon Armstrong
- Gabby Windey with dance partner Val Chmerkovskiy
Some pro dancers are notably missing, including Lindsay Arnold, who announced she would not be a part of this season spend more time with her family. Jenna Johnson, who is married to pro dancer Val Chmerkovskiy, is currently pregnant and will not be competing against her husband, but hopes to return in a future season.
Season 31 of “Dancing with the Stars” premieres Monday, September 19 at 8 PM ET on Disney+.