Singer The Weeknd lost his voice over the weekend, but he seems to be doing fine now.
The “Blinding Lights” singer was already on stage in Los Angeles when he lost his voice in the middle of his fourth song and had to step off the stage and cancel the concert.
He shared an update with his followers shortly after the performance to tell them that the concert date would be rescheduled. For fans eager to see him in L.A. and at his upcoming show in Toronto, he posted an update to his social media channels on Tuesday afternoon.
The Weeknd Reveals The Status Of His Upcoming Show In Toronto
In a briefly worded Instagram post shared on Tuesday afternoon, the “Can’t Feel My Face” singer shared a photo of him performing on stage. For fans looking to see him in Toronto, he had good news.
“Doctor says my voice is safe and with rest i’ll be solid and able to bring the show my TORONTO fans are waiting for,” he wrote. “LA date is being worked out soon. thank you SO much for all the love and understanding that’s come my way. i love you all so much… XO.”
His next performance in Toronto will take place on September 22, so there is still plenty of time for him to recover. It’s still unclear at this time when his Los Angeles concert will be rescheduled, but fans can trust that the “Save Your Tears” singer will make good on his word to give his fans the show they deserve.
The Weeknd Sent His ‘Deepest Apologies’ To Fans After His Voice Went Out
The 32-year-old singer, born Abel Tesfaye, took to Instagram the night of the performance to apologize to his fans in a brief message shared on his Instagram Stories.
“My voice went out during the first song and I’ve devastated,” he wrote. “Felt it go and my heart dropped. My deepest apologies to my fans here. I promise I’ll make it up to you with a new date.”
As Page Six previously reported, he was playing to a crowd of about 70,000 people in SoFi Stadium when his voice gave out in the middle of the song. “You’ll get your money back,” he reportedly told the audience as he returned to the stage. “But I’ll do a show real soon for you guys.”
The ‘Call Out My Name’ Singer Lost His Voice While Performing On Stage In L.A.
After he lost his voice, he walked off stage and then returned. He apologized to the members of the audience, saying that he was unable to give them “the concert I want to give you right now.”
“I personally want to apologize to you guys,” he said from the stage. “I don’t know what just happened when I screamed, but I just lost my voice.”
“This is killing me. I don’t want to stop the show. But I can’t give you the concert I want to give you right now,” he continued. “I’m going to make sure everybody’s good … But I wanted to come out and personally apologize, and not tweet it or Instagram it or whatever.”
“But I want you guys to know that I can’t give you what I want to give you,” he went on. “I’m so sorry. I love you guys. Thank you so much.”
Fans took to social media shortly after the news broke to send the “Starboy” singer thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery. It looks like they must have worked, as fans in Toronto will look forward to seeing him before the end of the month.
For fans in Los Angeles, it looks like they might need to wait just a little longer to see The Weeknd back on stage.