Kevin Spacey insists he is not a guilty man.
On Thursday, July 14, Spacey showed face at the Central Criminal Court, also known as “The Old Bailey.”
He wore a blue suit with a polka dot tie.
Kevin Spacey Pleads Not Guilty In A London Court!
Per reports, he stated his name, date of birth and then plead “not guilty” to four counts of sexually assaulting three men.
He also pleaded “not guilty” to an additional charge of forcing a person to engage in penetrative sexual activity without consent.
Despite his plea, a trial set for 2023 is still on the docket. It’s expected to last three-to-four weeks next June.
His court appearance comes after a preliminary hearing on June 16 where he was granted unconditional bail at Westminster Magistrates Court in London.
Spacey Was Granted Unconditional Bail
Spacey’s legal team insisted there was no “real risk” that he would not cooperate according to The Hollywood Reporter.
The Blast previously reported on why Spacey is wrapped up in so much legal drama in recent years.
Since 2017, Spacey has been had a plethora of allegations made against involving sexual misconduct, inappropriate behavior, sexual assault, groping and sexual battery. Multiple lawsuits were filed against Spacey.
On Thursday, May 26, the actor has officially been charged in the UK with four counts of sexual assault against three men.
The alleged incidents took place in London between March 2005 and August 2008, and in Gloucestershire in April 2013.
Ironically enough, Spacey was in a Manhattan court to testify in a different sexual assault case when he was charged, according to the Crown Prosecution Service.
Per The Guardian, CPS reports the actor has also been charged with causing a person to engage in penetrative sexual activity without consent.
The four sexual assault charges come after a previous investigation into the actor by the Metropolitan police and the evidence they gathered.
Multiple Sexual Assault Charges Were Brought Against Spacey
The head of the CPS special crime division, Rosemary Ainslie, said, “The CPS has authorized criminal charges against Kevin Spacey, 62, for four counts of sexual assault against three men.”
Her statement continues, “He has also been charged with causing a person to engage in penetrative sexual activity without consent. The charges follow a review of the evidence by the Metropolitan police in its investigation. The Crown Prosecution Service reminds all concerned that criminal proceedings against Mr. Spacey are active and that he has the right to a fair trial.”
We also reported on one of his victims speaking out about his disapproval for Spacey continuing to get acting gigs, despite the multiple charges.
Mark Ebenhoch, the man accusing Spacey of soliciting to have sexual intercourse with him on the set of the movie “Outbreak,” told TMZ his thoughts when he first heard the actor was being cast.
“What the hell?” was the first thing Ebenhoch could utter.
He also had a few words for the production of the Italian movie “L’uomo Che Disegno Dio”.
He mentioned that the casting decision was an arrogant move and showed irresponsibility on the part of the casting directors.
Nero seems to think Spacey is innocent until proven guilty.
It will be interesting to see how these four new sexual assault charges will affect his role.