Rapper Offset is demanding a YouTube video not be allowed as evidence in the lawsuit accusing him of assault.
According to court documents obtained by The Blast, Offset is moving to have a video of him allegedly being served with legal papers excluded from the case.
Last year, an autograph seeker named Giovanni Arnold sued Cardi B and Offset over an alleged assault that went down outside a New York hotel in May 2018.
Arnold accuses them of orchestrating his beatdown after asking for Cardi’s autograph. Cardi and Offset both denied all allegations of wrongdoing.
Offset argued for the case to be thrown out saying he was never served with the legal papers. He accuses Arnold of trying to get beat up in hopes of getting a settlement. Offset’s motion read, “Mr. Cephus had no physical contact with Plaintiff and did not intend to put Plaintiff in fear of physical harm. Mr. Cephus also did not order or instruct anyone to attack Plaintiff, or authorize any such attack. In fact, Mr. Cephus did not even witness the alleged attack.”
Offset says he does recall an individual approaching and yelling insults at his wife and him. He was following behind Cardi and noticed the man. He claims, “The man continued to yell taunts at Mr. Cephus such as “Please beat me up” and “I’ll take all your money.”
Offset says he thinkgs the man was trying to “goad” him into assaulting him so he could collect damages. He says he did not take the man’s bait and continued to walk.
Arnold fired back at Offset’s claim he wasn’t served with the legal documents. He submitted a YouTube video showing the alleged service. He even accused Offset of, “purposefully avoided appearing in this action until after the statute of limitations for assault had expired.”
In newly filed docs, Offset says the YouTube video submitted can’t be authenticated.
He adds, “By way of brief background, the instant Motion to Preclude concerns an unauthenticated, edited YouTube video that Plaintiff submitted.”
Offset is asking the judge to not allow the YouTube video to be used. He is seeking for the entire case to be thrown out due to him not being properly served.
In his original lawsuit, Arnold claims that on May 5, following the Met Gala in New York, he was attacked by three of the couple’s bodyguards. He says he ended up having to go to the hospital for his alleged face, neck, back and body injuries and sued seeking unspecified damages.The case is ongoing.
The legal drama comes as Offset and Cardi B claim his Instagram account was hacked.