Kevin Spacey is determined to prove his innocence.
The disgraced actor was recently charged with four counts of sexual assault against three men in the UK.
Spacey is wanted back in the UK by British authorities.
If the actor doesn’t return voluntarily, authorities will seek formal extradition.
Kevin Spacey Is Wanted In The UK!
Given what’s at stake, Spacey has confirmed he will “voluntarily appear” in the UK, according to a statement he gave to “Good Morning America.”
A spokesperson for Spacey told the news program, “I very much appreciate the Crown Prosecution Service’s statement in which they carefully reminded the media and the public that I am entitled to a fair trial, and innocent until proven otherwise. While I am disappointed with their decision to move forward, I will voluntarily appear in the U.K. as soon as can be arranged and defend myself against these charges, which I am confident will prove my innocence.”
Spacey Is Confident He Will Clear His Name Of The Charges
The Blast recently reported the 62-year-old had been officially charged in the UK on May 26th.
Since 2017, Spacey has been had a plethora of allegations made against involving sexual misconduct, inappropriate behavior, sexual assault, groping and sexual battery. Multiple lawsuits were filed against Spacey.
Last Thursday, the actor was officially charged in the UK with four counts of sexual assault against three men.
The alleged incidents took place in London between March 2005 and August 2008, and in Gloucestershire in April 2013.
Ironically enough, Spacey was in a Manhattan court to testify in a different sexual assault case when he was charged, according to the Crown Prosecution Service.
Per The Guardian, CPS reports the actor has also been charged with causing a person to engage in penetrative sexual activity without consent.
Multiple Men Have Come Forward About Spacey’s Sexual Misconduct
The four sexual assault charges come after a previous investigation into the actor by the Metropolitan police and the evidence they gathered.
The head of the CPS special crime division, Rosemary Ainslie, said, “The CPS has authorized criminal charges against Kevin Spacey, 62, for four counts of sexual assault against three men.”
Her statement continues, “He has also been charged with causing a person to engage in penetrative sexual activity without consent. The charges follow a review of the evidence by the Metropolitan police in its investigation. The Crown Prosecution Service reminds all concerned that criminal proceedings against Mr. Spacey are active and that he has the right to a fair trial.”
The Blast also recently reported on the actor’s return to acting, which many were appalled by.
We reported that Spacey was set to make a triumphant return to the big screen after more than four years since a string of sexual assault charges and allegations were thrown at the actor.
The former “House of Cards” actor has signed on to star in an Italian film.
According to ABC News, the film Spacey signed onto is titled, “L’uomo Che Disegno Dio,” or “The Man Who Drew God.”
The film will reportedly be directed by Franco Nero and shoot entirely in Italy.