The Oscars have been making headlines in recent weeks for all the wrong reasons. With all the controversy brewing around the 94th Academy Awards, including several boycotts, some are wondering if the Oscars will make it to their centennial.
Although the infamous gift bags are not directly associated with the Academy Awards, the Distinctive Assets’ “Everyone Wins” gift bags have become a point of contention for people-watching along at home.
The Oscars’ ‘Everyone Wins’ Gift Bags: Here’s What You Need To Know
Some people think that everyone who attends the Oscars are awarded a gift bag. The Hollywood Reporter did a deep dive into the annual treats and learned not only who gets them, but more importantly, what’s inside.
They reported that only the acting and directing nominees are presented with the gift bag, which means that acting greats like Benedict Cumberbatch, Kristen Stewart, Will Smith, Nicole Kidman, Jane Campion, and Steven Spielberg will be picking up a swag bag that is estimated to be worth at least six figures. These goodie bags are presented by Distinctive Assets, who have been providing these annual gifts for over twenty years now.
In a statement, company founder Lash Fary said, “We are not only celebrating these incredible nominees but also a return to normalcy in a post-pandemic world.”
Although some of the gifts certainly scream luxury, some have raised eyebrows at the “Warmies microwavable stuffed animals.” However, the contents of the bag are also reported to include plots of land in Scotland from Highland Titles. The gifts reportedly allow the new owners to be called Lords and Ladies of Glencoe. They will also be treated to an all-inclusive stay at the Turin Castle in Scotland.
What Else Is Inside The Infamous Oscars Grab Bags?
The swag bag at this year’s #Oscars :
• ‘Meet The Spartans’ DVD
• Lacie Rugged Hard Drive
• Timotheé Chalamet ‘Dune’ Figurine
• Diced Onions
• Lubriderm Lotion
— Lights, Camera, Pod (@LightsCameraPod) April 26, 2021
- Here are some other highlights within the box, if you’re looking to create your own less-expensive swag bag for guests attending your Oscar party!
- the world’s first Flavor Wrapped Popcorn Kernels from Opopop
- an assortment of biscuits and wafers from Bahlsen Biscuits
- Nano-Amplified CBD Skincare from HempHera Kosmetikos
- supplements from spermidineLIFE by Longevity Labs
- salad-infused skin care from Byroe (including Bitter Green Essence Toner, Tomato Serum and Salmon Cream)
- Ariti gold-infused olive oil
- Art Lipo body enhancements from Dr. Thomas Su
- C60 Purple Power Nobel Prize-winning antioxidants tea gift sets from the Chai Box
- Coal and Canary luxury wood-wick candles
- sustainably harvested Comvita UMF 10+ Manuka Honey
- facial rejuvenation procedures from Dr. Konstantin Vasyukevich
- personal training from Diego Sebastian’s DS Raw Fitness
- Elixinol’s new Sleep Gummies
- Euka wellness kits
- Comvita Manuka Honey
- film production-related pins & accessories by The Film Pin Society
But Wait… There’s More!
I got this lovely bag off eBay about 20 years ago. I think the story was that it was an Oscar party swag bag. I wish I knew if that was true, but either way, it’s a gem. Still brings me joy after all these years. #Ringer #FilmTwitter pic.twitter.com/8RE3E17tQE
— Morgan Jarrett (@ohmorganjarrett) March 5, 2022
- renewal stays at the iconic Golden Door
- Exploding Kittens originals
- holistic healing with Kayote Joseph
- Maison Construction project management
- healthy meal delivery from NutriFit
- Happiest Tee designs
- a year’s supply of Oxygenetix breathable foundation
- a “SeaWorld Blows” inflatable Orca from PETA
- Piper & Perro luxury unisex fragrance
- Self Love with Nicola coaching session
- Serucell cellular protein anti-aging serum
- award-winning Siempre Tequila Plata; Soul Shropshire Relax Diffuser
- Tree by Melina Sempill Watts
- artist series Trust Me Vodka
- Jayde Home Essentials
- Karma Nuts
- T-Time Products Interpersonal Shea Butter Balm
- TurboFlex Eyewear with a patented 360° rotating hinge
- a year’s supply of Oxygenetix Posh Pretzels
- Warmies microwavable stuffed animals
- Press Premium Alcohol Seltzer
- Vahdam India stylish Rover Bottle
- Shinery’s Radiance Wash
- Skinny SBU Socks
- Pellegrino gift box
- Tangle Teezer
- Whipped Drinks whipped coffee kits
- Fudgiest Brownies Ever from Wunderkeks
- the Wizard’s Wish by Brad Yates
- Building a Legacy of Love by Christy Yates
- YOUTH anti-blemish concentrate
It should be noted that this list is not exhaustive. There are still other items reportedly inside the swag bag, but these are a few of the highlights!