Many are concerned about the health of Queen Elizabeth II.
On Sunday, The Blast confirmed that Britain’s longest-reigning monarch, 95, was experiencing “mild cold-like symptoms” after being diagnosed with COVID-19. Buckingham Palace said that she is expected to carry out “light duties” at Windsor Castle as she recovers.
“She will continue to receive medical attention and will follow all the appropriate guidelines,” the palace added. It is reported that the Queen and all members of the royal family have been vaccinated against COVID-19.
Queen Elizabeth II Cancels Engagements For A Second Time After COVID-19 Diagnosis
On Wednesday, the Queen felt well enough to hold her scheduled meeting with U.K. Prime Minister Boris Johnson, according to a Buckingham Palace spokesperson. Although the meeting was supposed to take place in person, it was held virtually due to the Queen’s COVID-19 diagnosis. The spokesperson revealed that she is still experiencing “mild cold-like symptoms.”
In a statement, Buckingham Palace revealed, “As Her Majesty is still experiencing mild cold-like symptoms she has decided not to undertake her planned virtual engagements today, but will continue with light duties.”
Although the Queen’s planned virtual engagements had all been canceled, she continued to perform “light duties” around Windsor Castle. These light duties are said to include reading documents and letters and answering them.
On Thursday, a spokesperson for Buckingham Palace revealed that her virtual engagements had been canceled for a second time. “The two virtual audiences that had previously been scheduled to take place today will now be rescheduled for a later date,” they reported. “Her Majesty is continuing with light duties. No other engagements are scheduled for this week.”
The second cancelation has many concerned for her health, especially when the Internet was struck with rumors that she passed away on Tuesday night.
Media Outlet Alleges That Queen Elizabeth II Passed Away Tuesday Night
The rumors of her death were quickly debunked due to two inconsistencies in the initial report. It was alleged that the “Royal kingdom” had informed the outlet that the Queen had passed away, which is not an established source.
The outlet also claimed that the Queen had been “scheduled to attend the wedding of a British vogue editor but was found dead.” However, the Queen had canceled her virtual engagements. She would not have risked attending a wedding and violating COVID-19 protocols with her current diagnosis.
Multiple sources have come forward to say that allegations of the Queen’s demise are “false.” The Queen’s recent phone call with the U.K. Prime Minister also confirmed that the Queen is very much alive.
House Of Lords Chief Of Staff Calls Allegations Of The Queen’s Death ‘False’
With God ‘all’ things are possible! pic.twitter.com/e81i2hGahg
— Dayo Okewale (@DayoOkewale) February 19, 2018
Dayo Okewale currently works as a chief of staff in the House of Lords in the U.K. government. On Tuesday night, he responded to the news of the Queen’s death, calling it “false.”
Hollywood unlocked posting the Queen is dead???? There is no credible source that verifies this. #False
— Dayo Okewale (@DayoOkewale) February 22, 2022
“Hollywood unlocked posting the Queen is dead????” he tweeted. “There is no credible source that verifies this. #False”
Broadcast Journalist at Nationwide News Network, Ricardo Brooks, also shared a short video of the protocol known as “London Bridge” which details the events that will take place when the Queen does eventually pass away.
— Ricardo Brooks (@Ricaaduh) February 23, 2022
Part of the 10-day process of announcing her death involves significant changes to the royal family’s website and social media accounts. As reported by POLTICO:
“The royal family’s website will change to a black holding page with a short statement confirming the queen’s death. The U.K. government website — GOV.UK — will display a black banner at the top. All government departmental social media pages will also show a black banner and change their profile pictures to their departmental crest. Non-urgent content must not be published. Retweets are explicitly banned unless cleared by the central government head of communications.”