Days after Dorinda confirmed her departure from the Bravo reality series, an insider spoke to Hollywood Life and claimed that while rumors have suggested she was given the axe by Bravo, it was actually Dorinda who chose to leave the show, and Dorinda who feels happy with her decision to walk away.
“Dorinda is at peace with her decision to leave ‘The Real Housewives of New York City,’” a source told the outlet. “Being under contract with Bravo and filming as a housewife is not a priority of hers.”
When Dorinda confirmed her exit from the show on August 25, she told her fans and followers on Instagram that she had one heck of a journey.
“Thank you to Bravo and NBC for the incredible ride and to my cast mates for constant stimulation and entertainment. I wish you all health, happiness and success,” her post stated.
Dorinda joined the “Real Housewives of New York City” cast in 2015 for season seven and was featured in a full-time position throughout her years-long run. Now, as she walks away from the show, she’s reportedly focusing on herself and her family.
“She’s not saying she never wants to be on television or ‘RHONY’ ever again,” the source continued. “The schedule is really rigorous and takes a lot of time which she just isn’t able to give that kind of time right now.”
While Dorinda will not be seen on the upcoming 13th season of “The Real Housewives of New York City” in a “housewife” role, the insider went on to say that she could ultimately be featured in a lesser role on the show when it returns.
“You may even see her pop-up next season here and there,” the source claimed. “She’s not opposed to filming, she just doesn’t want to be tied down to the schedule of it all at this time.”
The season will be followed by a three-part in-person reunion special, which was filmed earlier this month in New York and served as the first in-person reunion for the “Real Housewives” since the outbreak of COVID-19 earlier this year.
No word yet on when filming will begin on season 13.