DaBaby has battled a myriad of legal woes over the course of his superstardom, over the last two and a half years. One came back in November of 2019, where a battery case surfaced, after the Charlotte rapper allegedly attacked a driver.
Over two years later DaBaby has now resolved this case, and will not be facing any more issues surrounding this case.
DaBaby Gets Case In Vegas Dismissed
According to TMZ, DaBaby’s November 2019 case in Vegas is no longer ongoing, and has officially been dropped. This was confirmed by the Clark County District Attorney’s Office.
DaBaby was able to accomplish this by cooperating with prosecutors, after being asked to complete several tasks. These included paying the alleged driver that he assaulted, $7,500, and simply stayed out of any more legal issues, since that incident.
The driver initially spoke out against DaBaby, in early 2020. He claimed that the assault happened as he was driving the rapper, while visiting Sin City while with his crew.
Driver Didn’t Want DaBaby And His Crew Smoking In His Car
Baby and his entourage were riding in his Mercedes-Benz Sprinter van, and the assault allegedly happened after the driver told them that they couldn’t smoke in his car. From that point, DaBaby and the other men began to curse the driver out, and that’s when threats soon started to be made.
DaBaby and his entourage were soon dropped off at the Hard Rock Hotel. Payment was demanded by the driver, but Baby supposedly replied “You ain’t the boss.” Police later claimed that one of Baby’s friends told the driver: “You’re lucky you’re not in my city because I would have killed you cracker motherf***er.” Another man said that he would’ve left the driver “dead on the road.”
DaBaby’s Attorney Called The Case A ‘Cash Grab’
DaBaby’s attorney, Drew Findling, went on to speak with TMZ, and firmly denied the accusations. He even believed that the driver made these allegations in order to win a comfortable sum of money from DaBaby. At the time, DaBaby was hit with a warrant, for misdemeanor battery.
“A 100% false accusation which suspiciously pops up in February regarding an alleged incident in November,” said Findling. “We can smell another attempted money grab.”
DaBaby Was Recently Involved In Dispute With GF
Last month, DaBaby also went viral on social media, after an Instagram Live session gone wrong with his girlfriend and baby mama, DaniLeigh. At the time, DaniLeigh was visibly irritated that DaBaby would put her on IG Live, and have their newborn child, on display.
The situation soon escalated into a heated verbal exchange, and it resulted in DaBaby kicking DaniLeigh out of his home. This was allegedly due to DaniLeigh deciding to put her hands on the rapper, as she went on to be charged with two counts of simple assault, according to Charlotte-Mecklenberg PD.
Officers visited the property twice, and filed the charges then, after the next morning. They stated that two misdemeanor assaults were what DaniLeigh was facing, as the alleged assaults occurred on two consecutive days.
DaBaby went live on his IG during an argument with Dani Leigh👀🤔 pic.twitter.com/HSFkIied96
— All Def Music (@AllDefMusic) November 15, 2021