On Wednesday, social media was shocked to find out that there is already a documentary out, on Hulu about Travis Scott‘s horrific Astroworld Festival, last month.
Many were quick to voice their feelings about this release, as there is the belief that Hulu was trying to exploit the trauma, of the deceased attendees, along with the injured ones. Now, it appears that Hulu has definitely heard the criticism, and is taking action.
Hulu Removes Astroworld Documentary
This documentary by Hulu was titled “Astroworld: Concert From Hell.” The initial description read:
“Travis Scott’s Astroworld Festival was supposed to be the concert of a lifetime,” said Hulu’s description, about the documentary. “But it turned into a tragic nightmare. A minute-by-minute look at what happened in the crowd, the young victims who were killed, and what happens next.”
Now, the documentary has been removed from Hulu, apparently due to the backlash that this project has been hit with, after only a day of being available. Viewers quickly took to social media on Thursday, to reveal that when they attempted to stream the documentary, that function wasn’t available anymore.
I was watching the Astroworld fest documentary on Hulu as they removed it and I couldn’t finish the last 4 minutes 🤯
— 𝔍 (@ovotru) December 2, 2021
Hulu took down that astroworld documentary just as quick as they put it up👀
— ❤️🔥 (@pizzameeuh) December 2, 2021
Many Anticipate More Astroworld Fest Docs To Come
Despite Hulu deciding to shut down their own Astroworld Festival documentary, there could very well be more on the way, such as on platforms like Netflix, and Amazon Prime. Hulu’s decision appears to come with very bad timing, considering the fact that it hasn’t even been a month, since the Astroworld Fest tragedies took place.
10 People Lost Their Lives At Astroworld Fest
On that night of November 5, chaos was definitely in display, at the Houston-based festival. Over 300 people were treated for injuries, and 10 people ended up dying from injuries sustained.
In addition to the deaths, Travis has been facing over 300 lawsuits, from those affected. One of the most notable is one that is seeking $2 billion, in damages. This was filed in mid-November, as Travis, Drake, and NRG Stadium were listed as defendants, in the lawsuit. Attorney Thomas Henry represents 280 plaintiffs here, as it alleges fans were “incited into a frenzy,” during Travis’ performance, and when he brought Drake on stage.
Victims’ Families Are Rejecting Travis’ Assistance
In the immediate aftermath of the Astroworld Fest, Travis claimed that he would cover all burial expenses, for families of the deceased. At this point though, three families have already rejected Travis’ offer. According to TMZ, these are the families offamilies of 14-year-old John Hilgert, 27-year-old Danish Baig, and 9-year-old Ezra Blount. Baig’s family claimed that Travis went on to offer $7,500.
It appears that many of these families are turning down Travis’ offers, so they won’t have to sign away their rights, to continue their lawsuits. Attorney Michael Lyons, who represents the Baig family, even told TMZ “You can infer that when a parent has to bury their child that they’re not really interested in people who may have contributed to that being involved.”