SEND US A TIP!CLICK OR 844.412.5278

Prince William Sends Message of Encouragement and Support Amid Coronavirus Pandemic

Gettyimages | Max Mumby/Indigo
By Zachary Holt

While the United States is certainly feeling the effects of the coronavirus pandemic, Europe has been in turmoil, especially Italy, as the country has had the most cases outside of China to date. But the fear is real all over the world, including the United Kingdom. On Wednesday, Prince William issues a formal statement with words of encouragement and support for people amid the coronavirus outbreak. In his statement, the Duke of Cambridge touched on how the United Kingdom would be helping those who are affected.

Related to what you're reading:
ARTICLE CONTINUES BELOW

Prince William Offers Encouraging Words of Pulling Through Adversity

Gettyimages | Charles McQuillan

"Whenever and wherever adversity strikes, the people of the United Kingdom have a unique ability to pull together," Prince William began in his video post to Instagram. "The way that local communities support those affected shows the very best of our values and human nature."

"The public’s desire to help in the wake of tragedy needs to be managed and channeled in the best possible way, which is why the establishment of the National Emergencies Trust was so important," he added in his statement. "I said at its launch last year that I dreaded the day when it would be needed. Sadly, with the outbreak of COVID-19, that day has come faster than we ever hoped."

The Duke of Cambridge Has Full Confidence in the National Emergencies Trust to Assist Those Affected

Gettyimages | Max Mumby/Indigo

The Duke of Cambridge provided assurance in the National Emergencies Trust, which would be available to help people who were directly affected by the coronavirus pandemic. "But now, more than ever I am grateful that the National Emergencies Trust exist," he said in the video, while explaining that it will 'ensure that support reaches those across the U.K. who need it most, as quickly and efficiently as possible'.

Prince William's statement comes the same day that he learned his children's school, Thomas's Battersea, has closed for the half-term. Prince George and Princess Charlotte are currently students at the school, but will be changing to an eLearning platform, moving forward.

Both Prince Charles and Queen Elizabeth's Plans Have Been Altered

Gettyimages | Samir Hussein

The coronavirus pandemic hasn't just affected Prince William and Kate Middleton's children's lives, it also has dramatically altered Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Charles' plans. The queen had planned to have a series of engagements in the near future. Those, of course, have been postponed with the notion that they'll be rescheduled for a later date.

Prince Charles was supposed to be going on a tour through several countries in Europe, along with his wife, Camilla, but that, too, has been postponed indefinitely until the pandemic situation changes.

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Issue Statement on Taking Precautions, Uniting in Solidarity

Gettyimages | Chris Jackson

The soon-to-be-former royal couple, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, themselves, issued a statement of encouragement and support to people who are being affected by the pandemic. The Duke and Duchess of Sussex also expressed the need for everyone to come together amid the crisis. But while they're here for the people of the United Kingdom, Canada, and the United States, they're exercising their own caution.

"Like everyone, they're taking appropriate measures and heeding government advice, if and when they are specifically made aware of being in contact with someone who has tested positive, they will act accordingly," a royal source shared with Entertainment Tonight.

Load Comments
Next Article