While Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are wrapping up their last remaining responsibilities as senior members of the royal family, some experts aren’t happy with the couple. The Duke and Duchess of Sussex made the decision to leave their 10-month-old son, Archie, in Canada while they returned to the United Kingdom, a move that is being dubbed ‘cruel’ and ‘nasty’ by royal experts, citing the rapidly progressive age of both his great-gandmother, Queen Elizabeth II, and his great-granfather, Prince Phillip.
Australian Daily Telegraph’s Jonathan Moran told Sky News Australia that the couple’s decision to leave Archie in Canada was a ‘snub’ on the queen resulting from her decision to ban the use of the word ‘royal’ in their brand name ‘Sussex Royal’. Sky News Australia’s Rita Panahi believed that it was a move that will cause the couple ‘to lose favor’ in the public eye with their ‘disrespectful’
“Now on Harry and Meghan, it has been said that not bringing Archie was particularly cruel to the queen, the queen wanted to see her great-grandchild,” Panahi said on the program. “Do you think it was a bit of a snub?”
— Anne Boleyn (Sussex Supporter) (@TudorChick1501) March 1, 2020
Moran believed it was a move in poor taste, citing that the decision was made in spite due to the queen’s aforementioned decision. Moran also shared that the couple has all of the resources to have Archie well-taken care of on such a trip.
“Nothing is left to chance here, that was a cruel and nasty move to stop the queen from seeing her great-grandchild,” Moran said. “They have got the money, support and the people around them that could help them to manage a trip, first-class, private jets whatever they are doing with a young child. I think it is cruel, nasty and bitter.”
Royal expert, Dickie Arbiter, also believed the decision by the couple was rather insensitive while speaking on the advanced ages of both Queen Elizabeth and her husband, Prince Phillip. Arbiter also included Archie’s grandfather, Prince Charles, as someone that is being deprived of seeing his grandson during the couple’s visit.
“It would be a great pity if he is not brought over because he has not seen his great grandparents Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip or his granddad since last year and I think it would be such a shame if they don’t get a chance to see him,” he said.
“They came back in January and left Archie in Canada. There is always the excuse of he is too young to fly but he is flying all the time. They flew Archie down to southern Africa in October for that visit so it wasn’t too far to take him there,” Arbiter continued on Nine News Australia.
“I believe that they should take him and I am sorry but there isn’t an excuse to not bring him,” the royal expert concluded. “His family are not going to get a chance to see him for quite some time because Harry and Meghan are going to be in Canada or the United States.”