SEND US A TIP!CLICK OR 844.412.5278

Queen Elizabeth Run Down by Meghxit Drama

Gettyimages | Chris Jackson
By Michael Howard

The past year has been hard on Queen Elizabeth II, who is reportedly “exhausted” by all the public drama surrounding Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s decision to part ways with the royal family.

An anonymous source told US Weekly:

“She’s exhausted, both physically and emotionally,” the source says. “She’s approaching her 94th birthday in April and should be at a stage in her life where she can ease up and be supported by her loved ones.”

“The drama’s never-ending,” the source added. “She’s so frustrated.”

Related to what you're reading:
ARTICLE CONTINUES BELOW

"Sussex Royal" dust-up

Gettyimages | Samir Hussein

Adding to the Queen’s stress is the controversy over whether Harry and Meghan would try to continue using their “Sussex Royal” brand name when promoting their public activities, including those related to their non-profit foundation.

Last week it was reported that the couple would not be allowed to do so.

“Their non-profit organization, when it is announced this spring, will not be named Sussex Royal Foundation,” a statement from Buckingham Palace read. “The Duke and Duchess of Sussex do not intend to use ‘Sussex Royal’ in any territory post-spring 2020. Therefore, the trademark applications that were filed as protective measures, acting on advice from and following the same model for The Royal Foundation, have been removed.”

Harry and Meghan respond

Gettyimages | NurPhoto

After the palace’s statement was published, Harry and Meghan released one of their own in which they accepted the palace’s decision and said they would form “a new non-profit organization, given the specific U.K. government rules surrounding the use of the word ‘Royal.’”

“While there is not any jurisdiction by The Monarchy or Cabinet Office over the use of the word ‘Royal’ overseas, The Duke and Duchess of Sussex do not intend to use ‘Sussex Royal’ or any iteration of the word ‘Royal’ in any territory (either within the UK or otherwise) when the transition occurs Spring 2020,” the statement read.

Queen “disappointed”

Gettyimages | Chris Jackson

The reference to the lack of royal jurisdiction overseas could perhaps be perceived as a dig at Buckingham Palace: Harry and Meghan are essentially arguing that the royal family cannot force them to stop using the “Sussex Royal” label, but that they are stopping of their own accord.

According to the source, the queen is “so disappointed that her own grandchild would heap so much embarrassment on the monarchy and bring all this unwanted attention on his family at the worst possible time.”

“She’s praying that, over time, Harry will start to see things more clearly,” the source added. “Whether that will actually happen remains to be seen.”

Canada to cease security assistance

Gettyimages | John Phillips

There are, of course, other consequences of leaving the royal family. For example, no more special security assistance from foreign governments.

The BBC reported Thursday that Canada, where the couple have been spending most of their time of late, will no longer provide any security assistance once “Megxit” becomes official.

"The Duke and Duchess of Sussex choosing to re-locate to Canada on a part-time basis presented our government with a unique and unprecedented set of circumstances," said Public Safety Minister Bill Blair, adding:

"The RCMP [Royal Canadian Mounted Police] has been engaged with officials in the UK from the very beginning regarding security considerations. As the duke and duchess are currently recognised as Internationally Protected Persons, Canada has an obligation to provide security assistance on an as needed basis."

Harry and Meghan won’t have that privilege much longer.

Load Comments
Next Article