On June 20, a woman identified as Danielle posted about her alleged assault on Twitter, explaining how she met Justin Bieber at an Austin music event in March 2014.
“My friends and I were enjoying ourselves the entire night,” Danielle wrote. “A man then approached me and my friends and asked us if we wanted to meet Justin. Of course we said yes.”
No Ad to show
Bieber hung out with the group for a bit and invited them to accompany him back to his room at the Four Seasons. “Justin had made me agree to not say anything to anyone, or I can get in serious legal trouble,” Danielle, who was 21 at the time, explained.
“He then asked me to join him in bed. That’s when I asked myself, ‘How in the world is this normal?'” Danielle claimed that Bieber sexually assaulted her after they consensually made out, even though she objected to “going too far” with him.
“My body felt unconscious,” she said. “I don’t want to go into detail about what happened next.”
In another set of tweets, another woman named Kadi accused Bieber of sexual assault in 2015. She claimed that it took place at the Langham Hotel in New York City on May 5, 2015, after he attended the Met Gala.
“I asked him to stop,” she claimed, “and continued to say that I cannot have sex with anyone prior to marriage.” Bieber allegedly sexually assaulted her on his bed, but Kadi was able to push and kick him “between his legs and run out to the living room.”
Bieber issued a lengthy response to the accusations on Twitter. He admitted that he didn’t normally address things like this, but after speaking with his wife and team, he decided to speak up on the issue.
No Ad to show
“Rumors are rumors, but sexual abuse is something I don’t take lightly,” Bieber continued. “I wanted to speak out right away but out of respect to so many victims who deal with these issues daily I wanted to make sure I gathered the facts before I made any statement.”
Bieber continued by showing receipts that he didn’t stay at the Four Seasons that night, but an Airbnb and then the Westin the following night.
“Every claim of sexual abuse should be taken very seriously and this is why my response was needed. However this story is factually impossible and that is why I will be working with twitter and authorities to take legal action,” the “Yummy” singer concluded.
Bieber also mentioned that the second allegation was a fabrication and an elaborate hoax. He said that while he did attend the event, he later went to a private after-party until 4 a.m; and eventually to a hot dog stand.
Bieber’s Team Response
A Bieber fan account who went by the handle @serayrauhl posted a screenshot from her conversations with Allison Kaye, a member of the pop star’s team and president of Scooter Braun’s SB Projects.
The screenshot blatantly stated that the allegations were “outrageous lies” and “factually impossible.”
“Danielle fabricated her sexual encounter with Bieber at the Four Seasons Hotel because it was publicly reported that Bieber had dinner at the Four Seasons Restaurant on March 10, 2014 and presumed that Bieber was at the hotel because of the public reports of him dining at the restaurant.”
According to tweets cited, his attorney also argued that Kadi was “an apparent superfan” who waited outside of Bieber’s hotels and appearances and had previously written she would pay him to rape her.
Bieber Filed A Lawsuit
Per Us Weekly, Bieber filed a defamation suit against the two Twitter users who accused him of sexual assault. The court documents filed show that the defendants “fraudulently schemed to seek attention and fame by maliciously posting despicable, blatantly false, fabricated, defamatory accusations” against the complainant.
It also stated that the individuals were trying to capitalize on the climate of fear permeating the entertainment industry, Hollywood, and corporate America, whereby it is okay for anyone to make any claim about anyone without consequence.
It also suggested that it was part of a scheme to seek attention and fame. However, it noted Bieber will not “stand idly by.”
Per the suit, Bieber believed that the two social media accounts might be run by the same person, or they’re a coordinated effort to ruin his reputation.
He sued for more than $20 million in damages – $10 million for each story.
Kadi Wants The Case Dropped
Per Radar, Kadi, one of the women who accused Bieber of sexual assault, asked for all claims dismissed as part of Bieber’s $20 million lawsuits.
She denied all allegations of trying to ruin the pop star and argued that her comments were protected by the first and fourteenth amendments.
Kadi also mentioned, via her attorney, that her remarks weren’t defamatory. She stated that Bieber’s suit was “barred,” because the statement he complained about “could be interpreted as asserting verifiable facts, those facts were substantially true, and thus could not give rise to any claim against Defendant.”